“Get back to your favorite activities in no time.”
Regenerative medicine is a game-changing area of medicine with the potential to fully heal damaged tissues and organs, offering solutions and hope for people who have conditions that today are beyond repair.
Regenerative medicine itself isn’t new — the first bone marrow and solid-organ transplants were done decades ago. But advances in developmental and cell biology, metabolics, and other fields have unlocked new opportunities to refine existing regenerative therapies and develop new ones.
Advanced Physical Medicine & Rehab of Miami takes three interrelated approaches:
- Rejuvenation. Rejuvenation means boosting the body’s natural ability to heal itself. We do this with the use of Bio-Identical Hormone replacement, Growth Hormone Releasing Peptides, and nutritional counseling.
- Regeneration. Regeneration involves delivering specific types of cells or cell products to injured or diseased tissues, where they will ultimately restore tissue function. This can be done through using cell products, such as PRP, PRP with Adipose or cryopreserved cord tissue allograft.
- Functional restoration. This involves multiple disciplines who work together (medical providers, physical therapists, massage therapist and chiropractors) in a coordinated fashion and is focused on maximizing function, returning to pre-injury productivity (with sufficient functional capacity to avoid recurrent injuries), while preventing needless disability, unnecessary medical and surgical care and healthcare related complications.
This three-pronged approach to healing is what makes Advanced Physical Medicine & Rehab of Miami different than any other physical medicine facility in Florida.
To help you return to the activities you love, our expert team at Advanced Physical Medicine & Rehab of Miami now offers both PRP and cord tissue-based 21st-century therapeutic procedures to help alleviate your pains without relying on complex surgical procedures or medication.
Understanding Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and Regenerative Cell Procedures
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is one of the most effective treatments today that help in the regeneration of tendon injuries, ligament damage, and osteoarthritis.
This procedure is non-invasive and harnesses your body’s natural healing potential. Our qualified and experienced physician first extracts a sample of your blood. The blood sample is then processed and spun by a modern centrifuge to separate the serum portion of the blood from the blood platelets which contains the healing factors and growth factors which are necessary for tissue regeneration within the body. The growth factors are collagen (key building blocks for joints and connective tissue, growth factors (messenger RNA), amino acids (proteins), carbohydrates (for metabolism), electrolytes and enzymes.
The resulting solution which is rich in growth factors is then injected directly into the affected area. This attracts your body’s stem cells to the area to accelerate the healing process.
We also offer PRP with Adipose. With this procedure, we also mix some of the patients’ adipose “fat” with their PRP. The purpose of this is to increase the number of stem cells at the injury site “adipose has a high concentration of adult stem cells”.
The final way to utilize stem cells is with the injection of cryopreserved cord tissue. This injection not only contains a high concentration of growth factors is also contains 5,000,000 million viable cells.
Benefits of PRP and Cord Tissue Therapies
- Cord tissue transplant and PRP are two of the safest and most advanced approaches to treating a wide variety of injuries and diseases within the human body.
- Patients recovering from injuries will rapidly improve when injected with either of these compared to the lengthy and exhaustive period of post-surgical rehabilitation.
- PRP and cord tissue patients are more likely to exhibit greater mobility and experience less pain than surgical patients post procedure.
Common Conditions Successfully Treated
PRP and cord tissue both promote the healing of partial tears of the rotator cuff, biceps tendinosis, glenohumeral ligament sprains, lateral and medial epicondylitis, patellar tendinosis, meniscal tears, Osgood-Schlatters, ankle sprain, Achilles tendinosis, plantar fasciitis and osteoarthritis in any joint.
Regenerative medicine will ALWAYS cause some regeneration so every patient will get a result.
How much of a result varies dependent upon the patient health and age.
Ready To Help
At Advanced Physical Medicine & Rehab of Miami, we provide regenerative medicine with qualified trained physicians that patients can trust. If you’re seeking a solution for a medical problem like chronic pain, it’s time see what Advanced Physical Medicine & Rehab of Miami has to offer.